Buy Books for Your Home Library. Love Learning. Engage Life!
The Repository Project’s Quote of the Week
“Fill your house with stacks of books, in all the crannies and all the nooks.” – Dr. Seuss
8 Reasons to Create a Home Library
By Annie St. Francis
1. Home libraries create a culture of reading, literacy, and a love of lifelong learning.
2. Libraries, and the books within them, are filled with the hope and aspirations of ideas.
3. Books inform, educate, and challenge our thinking.
4. Books inform, educate, and challenge our thinking.
5. Books connect us with one another through the authors who write them, and as part of communities of people with common interests too.
6. Your home library is just the right space in which to organize and display your books, and keep them readily accessible.
6. Home libraries are wonderful spaces perfect for both relaxation and focus. You might want to include a favorite writing desk or table in your personal or family library, and a comfy chair or sofa where you can sit with the quiet comfort of one of your favorite reads.
7. There is something quite special and unique about a printed book held in our hands. We can turn the pages back and forth, and while referencing one title, we can open another alongside it.
8. Book collections are important in the present, and are an investment across generations into the future.